Details of the Position:
The Coordinator will work closely with the Finance Director to provide payroll and benefit services for all union and non-union employees of Victoria Women’s Transition House Society (VWTH), ensuring accuracy of all calculations and compliance with all applicable federal and provincial regulations, collective agreement provisions and agency policies. Position requires at least five years’ payroll and benefits administration experience, proficiency with payroll and accounting software, strong knowledge of payroll systems and internal controls, and a client service focus. Canadian Payroll Association designation preferred.
Deadline for Submitting Applications: 5:00 pm, June 4, 2019
Send Application to:
100-3060 Cedar Hill Road
Victoria, BC V8T 3J5
Responsible for providing payroll and benefit services for all union and non-union employees of Victoria Women’s Transition House Society (VWTH), ensuring accuracy of all calculations and compliance with all applicable federal and provincial regulations, collective agreement provisions and agency policies.
Key Duties And Responsibilities:
• Complete bi-weekly payroll, including review of timesheets, entering data into software, submission of payroll to direct deposit, oversight of leave management and time bank records, submission of all required information for statutory payments to VWTH Finance Office (EI, CPP, taxes, BC Medical, RRSP, Municipal pension, benefits)
• Fulfill payroll and benefit administration requirements on behalf of the Employer under relevant employment legislation and regulations (i.e. Employment Standards Act, Workers Compensation Act, BC Labour Relations Code), Collective Agreements. Maintain / submit seniority lists and reports as required to Health Sciences Association, BC Government Employees Union and VWTH policy
• Administer benefit plans, including BC Health, Health Benefits Trust, CCSEIP, RRSP and Municipal Pension Plan. Represent / refer employee benefit concerns to appropriate agencies, carriers and associations for resolution
• Compile and verify a variety of payroll related information (i.e. time sheets, direct deposits, wage attachments, benefits, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring timely and accurate distribution of funds and payroll.
• Work closely with the Finance Director and Human Resources Manager to provide information and input in the formulation, administration and resolution of payroll and benefit practices
• Maintain records of all salary / wage, allowance and health and welfare benefit transactions, leave calculations, staff changes, employee benefit plan including group benefits and pension plan, keeping files up to date and preparing monthly reports. Respond to inquiries and / or requests for data and / or reports
• Keep current on all issues relating to payroll, benefits and pension for the non-profit sector and in particular for the collective agreement and management agreements for VWTH. To attend Canadian Payroll Association education events, under the organization’s corporate membership.
• Reconcile account balances, research discrepancies and prepare payroll related reporting and documentation for Auditors and Management in compliance with accepted payroll practices. Maintain a wide variety of payroll and benefit information, files and records in written and electronic formats for the purpose of providing an up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance.
• In consultation with the Finance Director, prepare payroll reports required for statutory authorities and the Community Social Services Employers Association.
• Prepare all year end reports, including T4’s and reports to Canada Revenue Agency.
• Provide payroll related services as requested and approved by the Finance Director. Tasks will include, but not limited to, training and projects
• Performs other duties as required.
Qualification, Education Training and Experience:
• Canadian Payroll Association designation and at least five years payroll and benefits experience administering the processing of wages, benefits and other forms of compensation, preferably in a non-profit environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced proficiency with spreadsheet, accounting and payroll software (Clarity preferred) and ability to prepare ad hoc reports
• Strong knowledge of payroll systems, programs and applications and internal controls
Job Skills and Abilities:
• Teamwork skills, a customer service focus, and proven ability to build strong working relationships.
• Planning and analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to meet deadlines, set priorities and work independently
• Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
• Ability to interpret and implement policies and procedures
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers