compensation: $18.47 per hour plus benefits employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Position Summary: Ensures the well-being of individuals in the COSMOS program and promotes their development. A key component of this job is to assist individuals in their social, emotional, educational and recreational development in a manner which promotes their increased independence, and inclusion in the community. Involves working with individuals with challenging behaviours.
Hours of Work: 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Based out of the Garth Homer, COSMOS program area.
Skills and abilities: The successful candidate has:
• Experience and knowledge of community based programming
• An interest in supporting adults with developmental disabilities to participate in community based activities
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills and good time and general management skills.
• An interest in supporting adults to communicate using augmentative communication
• A diploma in human services or a related field and/or relevant experience.
• One year relevant experience within the social service sector.
• At least 6 months experience supporting adults with Autism
• Experience and knowledge in the area of behaviour management and/or Crisis Intervention training
• First Aid and CPR required.
• A valid BC driver’s license
• Criminal record Check
Wage rate: $18.47 per hour plus benefits
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers