compensation: Salary or hourly wage: $13.23 Regular Salary Increase: Yes, per union schedule. In 2019: at 3 months, $16.03; at 6 months, $18.27; at 1 year, $18.82. Additionally, schedule increases 2% on March 13 each year. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
In-House Title: Finishing Painter
Position: NOC 9536 Production Painter-Finisher
Start Date: as soon as possible
Operating Name: Wescon Doors
Business Address: 5120 Polkey Road
Work Location: Duncan, British Columbia
Salary or hourly wage: $13.23
Regular Salary Increase: Yes, per union schedule. In 2019: at 3 months, $16.03; at 6 months,
$18.27; at 1 year, $18.82. Additionally, schedule increases 2% on March 13 each year.
1. Benefits per the BC Employment Standards Act, including: two weeks (10 business days)
2. Dental, long-term disability
3. BC Medical Services Plan
4. Extended Medical Plan
5. Boot allowance - reimbursement of 50% up to $125.00 upon meeting eligibility
requirements per union collective agreement
6. Includes all benefits consistent in the Collective Agreement between United
Steelworkers, Local 1-1937 and Wescon Cedar Products Ltd.
1. Determines colours and mixes colours and top coats to determine correct formulas.
2. Fine finishes wood components in preparation for finishing as per customers
requirements. Includes cleaning, prepping and application of several paint coats.
3. Operates automated spraying equipment while ensuring work area is clean.
4. Uses dip pans and other manual techniques to ensure top quality.
5. Uses hand held spraying equipment, brushes and other means of applying paint manually
and in a conveyer system
6. Prepares all wooden surfaces to ensure wood is prepped for fine finish coating.
7. Ensures his work area is clean and that filtration system and all filters are changed
8. Ensures that respirator is operating properly and that compressed air is functioning.
9. May apply detailed work to wood finishing as per customers requests.
Education: no formal education required.
Experience: at least 2 years of experience.
Licenses: within 90 days of employment start:
1. Forklift license will be required
2. Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) certificate required will
Skills & Ability: To carry out all listed tasks and work with all listed conditions.
• Combination of standing, walking, sitting, bending, crouching, kneeling.
• Noisy at times.
• Lift up to 100 lbs.
Apply to the attention of Lael by:
1. phone 250.748.5595
2. fax 250.748.5815
3. replying to this ad
4. regular mail to business address above
5. in-person to business address above
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities