Employment Relations Specialist
QR Code Link to This Post
GT Hiring Solutions 2005 Inc. is seeking to fill the position of Employment Relations Specialist under the WorkBC Employment Services Program in our Greater Victoria catchment. The estimated start date for this position is as soon as possible.
GTHS has been a leading provider of high quality employment services on Vancouver Island since 1994, with a mission to work to improve the lives of our Clients by helping them achieve their employment goals while delivering exceptional services. We do so by having fun, being innovative, and championing our team. Placing principles before profit, we are held accountable to the collective conscience of our team, partners and the communities in which we live and work. Openness, honesty, a respectful workplace, as well as a sincere desire to see people and communities grow are the underlying principles that drive all of our actions.
Scope and Purpose
The Employment Relations Specialist will use their Labour Market Information (LMI) knowledge and local Employer connections and expertise to collaboratively work with the WorkBC Employment Services team to support Clients in attaining and sustaining employment within the WorkBC Employment Services Program in the applicable catchment. The individual within this role is responsible for developing and maintaining meaningful connections with the Employer community, keeping abreast of current local labour market information and trends, assisting Clients in finding, sustaining and transitioning employment opportunities, and supporting local Employers in finding suitable employees; all focused on the successful attainment of the identified objectives and outcomes required as part of the WorkBC Employment Services Program.
Required Minimum Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in a relevant field (e.g., career or employment development, vocational rehabilitation, social work, psychology, sociology, human services, counselling, education or human resources management)
• Two (2) or more years of related experience in the employment services, counselling or other support services industry
• Working towards or holding an associated relevant professional certification (i.e., CCDP, RRP, etc.) is preferred
• Demonstrated marketing, sales, customer service and business relationship development experience
• Proven understanding and practical knowledge of trends in the local labour market, and employment opportunities including, but not limited to: experience in effective job search strategies, job placement techniques, resume formatting, interview preparation and writing cover letters
• Effective techniques for continued research and collection of labour market information as well as translating and disseminating of information in an effective and timely manner
• Capacity to effectively conduct and interpret Client needs assessments and employ exploration tools in accordance with individualized Client needs and abilities;
• Demonstrated experience providing services and support to individuals with complex barriers, including barrier identification and resolution;
• Extensive knowledge of job search and networking strategies;
• Experience in, and the ability to, successfully coach and mentor Clients to gain effective job search tools and strategies;
• Ability to build and maintain a network of partnerships with local employment and community agencies, employers, social service & referral programs, and other relevant stakeholders;
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written);
• Proven ability to successfully work with and support individuals from a broad range of cultural backgrounds based on a sensitivity to and understanding of the unique challenges they may face;
• Strong administrative skills and computer proficiency with specific emphasis on MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and customized databases;
• Alignment with and ability to display GTHS’ organizational core values of: integrity, excellence, continued growth & development, compassion, partnerships and passion; and,
• Multilingual (English plus French or another language) ability to communicate effectively with Clients, both verbally and in writing is preferred.
Please Note: A clear criminal record check and/or certified criminal record report including vulnerable sector check is mandatory from your local police department. (Can be dated within the past 12 months)
Competitive salary and benefits offered.
Please respond by email with the position identified as ERSVictoria1 in subject line and attach a cover letter and resume outlining your experience and qualifications. Applications must be received by 4pm on Friday, November 22nd, 2019. Please send your application package to firstname.lastname@example.org
GT Hiring Solutions values the diversity of the people it hires and serves, fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths and better serve our community. Applications from qualified candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged for this posting.