0743793 B.C. Ltd. dba Subway, at 1633 Hillside Ave., Victoria, BC, is looking for a Food Service Supervisor with at least 2 years of fast food restaurant experience, preferably including as a supervisor. This is a full-time position that may require working late evening and weekend shifts. We are a fast food restaurant specializing in fresh, healthy sandwiches and wraps. Applicants should be honest and dependable, have basic math skills, and work well with others in a fast-paced environment. If necessary, private health insurance will be arranged (usually for 90 days) until workers are enrolled in the provincial plan. Duties include the following:
• Assist in managing restaurant operations in a fast-paced environment.
• May assist in hiring new staff, developing budgets, and improving procedures.
• Train new staff in job duties as well as sanitation & safety procedures.
• Assist in planning schedules and supervising staff to ensure food & service meet standards.
• Ensure health & safety regulations are followed.
• Supervise and assist in cleaning the kitchen & storeroom.
• Check food products & supplies throughout shifts, replenishing them as needed.
• Keep inventory of food, supplies & equipment, ordering new stock as needed.
• Arrange equipment maintenance when necessary.
• Take customers' orders and prepare simple food items correctly and efficiently.
• Perform related work as required.
• Minimum 2 but preferably 3 years of fast food restaurant experience.
• Experience as a supervisor in the food and beverage industry is a great asset.
• A Food Safety Certificate must be obtained if not possessed.
• Completion of high school
• Ability to communicate well in English.
Note: If you don't meet these qualifications exactly but believe you have sufficient knowledge and skills, please submit your résumé and references for consideration.
Applications by email are preferred, but résumés may be mailed or delivered to Subway at 1633 Hillside Ave., Victoria, BC, V8T 2C4.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers