compensation: $16/hour for 40 hours/week employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
1158351 B.C. Ltd. DBA Subway at Unit #149, 2401C Millstream Rd., Victoria, BC, is looking for a Food Service Supervisor with at least 3 years' experience in commercial food preparation and service, preferably including as a supervisor. This is a full-time position (40 hours/week) that may require late evening and weekend shifts. We are a fast food restaurant specializing in serving fresh and healthy meals quickly for people on the go, open 7 days a week from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Applicants must have sufficient math skills to check bills and make estimates. Also, they must be able to work and communicate well with others in a compact and fast-paced environment, take instruction, and be quick learners. Duties include the following:
• Assist in managing restaurant operations.
• May assist in hiring, developing budgets, and improving procedures.
• Train new staff in job duties as well as sanitation and safety procedures.
• Assist in planning schedules and supervising staff to ensure food & service meet standards.
• Ensure health and safety regulations are followed.
• Supervise and assist in cleaning the kitchen and storeroom.
• Check food products and supplies throughout shifts, replenishing them as needed.
• Keep inventory of food, supplies, and equipment, ordering new stock as needed.
• Arrange equipment maintenance when necessary.
• Take customers' orders and prepare simple food items correctly and efficiently.
• Perform related work as required.
• Minimum 3 years' experience in commercial food preparation and service, or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
• Experience as a supervisor in the food and beverage industry is an asset.
• A Food Safe Certificate must be obtained if not already possessed.
• Completion of high school.
• Ability to communicate fluently in English.
Note: If you believe you can fulfill the required duties and responsibilities but don’t meet have the qualifications above, please send your résumé with reasons why you should be considered.
Applications by email are preferred, but résumés may also be mailed or delivered to Unit #149 - 2401 Millstream Rd., Victoria, BC V9B 3R5.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers