1134218 B.C. Ltd. dba Mill Bay Sushi in Mill Bay, BC, is looking for two full-time Ethnic Food Cooks with at least 2 years of commercial cooking experience or the equivalent in both experience and training. Weekend and shift work will be required (we are open 7 days a week from 11:30 AM to 9:00 PM). Experience preparing Japanese and Korean cuisine is a great asset but not required. The successful applicant should be organized, precise and efficient at preparing food products, and work well with other staff in a fast-paced restaurant. Duties include the following:
• Prepare and cook Japanese cuisine using store recipes and as instructed by the manager or chef.
• Prepare food precisely, in a timely fashion, and with consistent quality.
• Work independently in carrying out routine duties.
• Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers.
• May train kitchen staff.
• Maintain inventory of food, supplies, and equipment, noting low-stock products that need to be purchased.
• Report maintenance issues to a supervisor or the owner; in their absence, arrange repairs if necessary.
• Keep the premises clean in accordance with food safety standards.
• Perform related work as requested by management.
• At least 2 years of commercial cooking experience, or the equivalent in combined experience and training (e.g., an apprenticeship or college cooking program).
• Experience preparing Japanese cuisine is a great asset but not required.
• Food Safety certification is an asset but not required.
• Completion of high school.
Note: If you don't meet qualifications exactly but believe you have the required skills, please submit your résumé and references for consideration.
Applications by email are preferred, but résumés may also be mailed or delivered to Mill Bay Sushi at 170-2720 Mill Bay Road, Mill Bay, British Columbia V0R 2P1
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers