Brentwood Bay Resort is a luxury boutique property that is unlike any other hotel or resort in the Greater Victoria area. We believe in doing more than serving delicious meals, providing relaxing spa treatments and welcoming guests to our beautiful oceanfront suites. We believe in providing a truly special guest experience and supporting our team members to discover their unique contribution and empower them to deliver it!
This position is responsible for the financial health and organization of the company. This role produces the financial reports and assists the leadership team in making decisions that affect the organization. This role ensures that resources are employed efficiently throughout the organization by identifying out-dated practices and developing continual improvement processes for the organization. The Hotel Controller handles all employee payroll and oversees all financial responsibilities.
Training for this role will begin in fall of 2019, with maternity leave coverage starting January 1, 2020.
What You Bring…
• An interest in being part of a progressive leadership team that fosters a work culture of honesty and integrity
• A confident, yet calm demeanor that is supported by a professional and genuine being
• Highly developed time-management skills and the ability to proficiently prioritize
• Effective, efficient, and professional communication skills
• Resourceful decision-making skills paired with a keen sense for attention to detail
• Knowledge of full cycle employment record keeping requirements, from on-boarding through Record of Employment processing
• Proven success in preparing financial statements, forecasts, budgets and monitoring cashflow
• Previous experience completing month-end and year-end reporting
• A strong knowledge of the BC Employment Standards Act as it applies to payroll practices
• Previous experience in an Accounting or Hotel Controller role in a hotel setting
• Adept computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office) and previous experience using Opera (or similar) considered an asset
• A Diploma in Accounting or Business Administration with a major in Accounting considered an asset
• Reliable transportation to get to-and-from Brentwood Bay
What We Offer…
• A competitive annual salary and flexible work schedule
• An employee benefits plan that include dental, extended healthcare, travel insurance, life insurance, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Leadership discounts that include:Management Meals in our Arbutus Room and Brentwood Bay Pub, Spa Treatments at the Brentwood Bay Spa, FREE paddle sport rentals at the Brentwood Bay Marina and Friends and Family discounts on hotel rooms
• Personal and professional development opportunities
• A beautiful location and work setting
• A team that is focused on mindfulness in work and life
• A place you actually want to come to work
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to Brittany Budd, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know what position you are applying for by using “Hotel Controller” as the subject line.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities